For your own sake. And for everyone else’s
As a member of Unionen, you get lots of personal services, benefits and tools that boost your own security and development, whether you have a job, are applying for a job, becoming a manager, starting your business or studying. At the same time, together with your colleagues and a total of over 685 000 white-collar employees in the private sector, you help push for decent terms and conditions and a sustainable professional life for all.
Peace of mind
- Free advice on your working conditions.
- Help with negotiations if problems arise at work. Read more about legal support.
- Income insurance – supplements the unemployment benefit fund (a-kassa), meaning that you can insure an income of up to SEK 60000/month if unemployed for up to 150 days, around 7 months.
- Personal insurance – for you and your family. 3 months free of charge if you meet the policy requirements.
- Collective agreement with good terms including pay rises, overtime payments, occupational pension, sick pay, etc.
- Checking contracts of employment
- Career planning and career tools
- Support before pay and performance reviews
- Seminars and lectures
- Resumé (CV) and LinkedIn services
- Option of joining a Unionen club at work.
- In the event of changes, the club negotiates pay rises and is a driving force on terms and conditions at work
- Option of workplace representative at smaller workplaces
- Input on improvements to pay and working conditions to be put forward by Unionen in the collective agreement negotiations.
- A say in Unionen’s activities and membership.
- Kollega - members’ magazine
- Discounts on home, house and car insurance.
- Beneficial mortgages and loans
- Discount on courses, magazines, books etc.
Membership Terms and Conditions
The statutes of Unionen cover all members. We wish to draw your attention specifically to a couple of things mentioned in the statutes.
As a new member, you are immediately entitled to advice and information from Unionen and after three months you can be represented in negotiations, as long as the matter occurred three months after your application for membership was accepted by Unionen.
Exemptions from the three month rule may be granted if there are special circumstances, for example if Unionen has a fundamental interest in the matter. Exemptions may also be granted if the member is new to the labour market, for example has come directly from being a student, immigrated from another country or some other similar situation. You are immediately entitled to support in negotiations if you are switching directly from membership of another trade union.
Do not forget that you need to be a member of a Swedish unemployment insurance fund, the Unionen unemployment insurance fund or some other, in order to be entitled to our income protection insurance scheme.
If you wish to become a member of the Unionen unemployment insurance fund or any other unemployment insurance fund of your choice, you need to submit a separate application form supplied by the unemployment insurance fund.
Guest Membership is offered to anyone that has been granted a work permit to carry out work in Sweden as a white-collar worker at a workplace in the private sector and who is a citizen
- of a country within EU/EEA and Switzerland and is on a posting from your home country for work in Sweden
- of a third country
For just SEK 200 you will become a guest member and get quick and professional support concerning all aspects of your working life in Sweden. If you are employed in Sweden, we can also represent you in legal labour issues. Being a guest member immediately entitles you to advice, and after three months entitles you to be represented in negotiations, as long as the matter occurred after your application for membership was accepted by Unionen.
Read more about Guest Membership